Class, I have some exciting news to share with you:
This Class is Becoming a Book!
Pre-orders are now open for a book version of the course in three formats, including paperback, and if you pre-order any of them you get immediate access to new premium features I've set up, which includes a discussion group and a bunch of features to keep the information much better organized and easier to navigate.
Once the book is published on December 1, premium features will cost $30, so by pre-ordering the book for as little as $15, you're saving twice as much as you're spending.
If you check out the Facebook post for this course, among the >1,600 comments are many requests for me to turn the course into a book. There seem to be a few reasons for this:
- Many of you want to keep going back to the lessons over and over again as a reference, and being able to pull a paperback off the shelf or pull up a Kindle book you can search through quickly makes that much easier.
- Many of you want everything all in one place so you don't have to worry about missing emails or Facebook messages.
- Many of you specifically want a paperback because you love the sensations of the smell and feel of paper as you flip through a book.
- Many of you are just blown away at how much value is packed into this class for free and want a way of saying thank you.
Whatever the reasons, I've decided to go ahead and turn this into a book!
There's another motivation I have, as well, that I think you can relate to: although I want to make this class free to make it as widely accessible as possible, I still have bills to pay and the work I have to do to pay those bills dilutes the attention I can put toward the course. I'd really love to finish this quickly, and if it becomes a source of revenue through book purchases, I can focus more fully on completing it, doing so at the highest standards of quality but also getting it done quickly. That way those of you who really want the bonuses or have the means to purchase them can help me deliver premium value that everyone can benefit from, even if they can't afford to contribute financially.
If those of you who can afford to pre-order one of the books do so, everyone wins, because at minimum you enable me to finish the course faster.
But that's not all you get.
In fact, you will get more stuff right away that's arguably even more valuable than the books: premium features on the class.
Vitamins and Minerals 101 Premium: Yours Free, Immediately, When You Pre-Order
Vitamins and Minerals 101 Premium is only available to holders of the CMJ Masterpass, who pay $15/month or $120/year to be part of my membership site, and to you if you pre-order a book. If you are already a member of the Masterpass, please see the email I already sent you about this and please log into your dashboard to find your free access to the premium features. If not, pre-ordering the book is the best way to get access to the premium features. Once the book is published on December 1, premium features will sell separately for $30.
Once you pre-order, you will have immediate access to these premium features:
- A private Facebook group where there is a discussion forum for each lesson. For the foreseeable future, I will participate once a day, Monday through Friday, except during select holidays, business trips, and vacations. I do reserve the right to hire people to take on the duty of participation in my place if and when the group reaches a certain size but I have no plans to do that any time soon.
- Keyword search across the lessons. This is a great way, for example, to see all the lessons where I mention a specific diet, like carnivore, vegan, l0w-fat, or paleo; to see all the lessons where I've mentioned a specific food, like nutritional yeast, liver, or kale; to cross-reference all the lessons where I've mentioned one nutrient influencing another; or to find something you remember me discussing but can't remember where.
- Downloadable PDFs in two versions. One has page numbers and a table of contents that references the page numbers; the other has links where you can click to navigate to each section. This allows you to read the lessons while offline, and it allows you to keyword search and navigate much more easily than those only enrolled in the email or Facebook Messenger versions of the class.
- Click through subsections of each lesson on the web site. Again, much easier navigation. This is especially useful if you are looking for something specific in a lesson you've already read, or if you prefer to always skip to certain locations, such as the conclusions or the food recommendations.
- All the lessons are neatly organized in a single location.
- Over the course of October, I will start rolling out quizzes for each lesson, as well as quizzes for the overall content that will require you to compare and contrast concepts in different lessons. This will help you master the information in a way that you can't when you are only reading.
Pre-ordering also gets you two things directly related to the book itself:
- As I move from finishing the lessons to preparing the books, I will ask you to vote on certain questions to determine the priorities of what gets included. For example, I may have you vote on how the references are organized, or whether they are relegated to a web page, and what type of index you would like, or whether you'd rather forego some of these things to get the book faster. Or perhaps I will ask you to vote on how you would like me to harmonize the presentation of the food tiers. All of these votes will be at my discretion, but they give you an opportunity to offer your voice in shaping the final product.
Lest you think the book is merely a better-organized form of the course, I am adding three bonus chapters not found in the course at all:
1) The first chapter will begin with a description of an optimally designed nutrient-dense diet for someone without food sensitivities. This will set the stage for exploring why the diet is structured the way it is by looking at the individual vitamins and minerals in the succeeding chapters.
2) The second chapter will describe my approach to understanding our nutritional requirements. What is the proper interpretation of the RDA according to its authors? Why should we pay attention to the RDA? When should we deviate from the RDA, and how do we make that decision? What went into my own decisions of how to set the targets for each nutrient in the book?
3) The final chapter, at the end, will tie everything together, using it to explain the nutrient-dense diet described in the beginning, and will conclude with “what I would eat if I were you” sections for major dietary approaches that differ from the one I recommend as the default. This will cover paleo, vegan, keto, carnivore, and more. It will cover principles to design these diets and recommendations for supplementing.
Links to Pre-Order
Here are your options. Click the link you wish to order to go to the sales page.
- Kindle/iBook/PDF $15 This option is excellent if you like your books portable, so you can have them anywhere as long as you have your phone with you, and if you like to take notes by highlighting, making digital annotations, and screenshotting.
- Audio $15 This option is excellent if you are very time-crunched and like to consume information while you are doing other necessary chores that don't occupy too much mental space, such as commuting, washing dishes, cleaning, or working out.
- Digital Bundle (Kindle/iBook/PDF and Audio) $25 (save $5) This option is perfect if you are efficiency-minded. You can get familiar with the information using the audio while multi-tasking, and then you can use the Kindle/iBook/PDF version to keyword search for things you listened to or to make notes when you have more time to focus on it.
- Paperback (US Only) $15, plus shipping (most likely $5.85), and, if you live in New York, plus tax (8-8.875%). This option is exactly what you need if nothing beats the smell and feel of real paper, if having a tangible product to physically see exactly where you are helps you keep mentally organized, and if your preferred way of taking notes is little stickies.
- Complete Bundle (US Only, Kindle/iBook/PDF, Audio, and Paperback) $35 (save $10), plus, for the paperback, shipping (most likely $5.85), and, if you live in New York, plus tax (8-8.875% on the cost of the paperback, including shipping) This option is perfect if you are someone like me. Generally I do everything I described above, but I start with the familiarity of an audio book and graduate through the Kindle book ultimately to the paperback if I know what I'm reading is so valuable that I will want to read it a second time and to intensely study the paper itself and leave all my notes in color-coded stickies.
Please note that anyone can pre-order the digital versions but I am currently only taking pre-orders for the paperback for shipments to locations within the United States. I will try to launch the paperback internationally eventually but it will require more research before I am ready. If you want to be notified if and when I am ready to offer international shipments of the paperback, please sign up for notifications here.
Remember, even though this is a pre-order, you get immediate free access to highly valuable premium features, that otherwise cost more than any of these books!
Your support will enable me to get the Vitamins and Minerals 101 class done more quickly, and at the premium quality you expect. And once I'm done, I can move on even more quickly to the next big thing I'll knock your sock off with! I promise, my gratitude is extreme for any support you offer to this project.
Yours in the pursuit of vibrant health,
See What Others Are Saying
PS. See what people are saying about their pre-ordering experience and how they like the premium features here.