This past Saturday I went on Facebook Live for the first time ever so you could ask me anything about health, fitness, and nutrition. It was incredible! Thank you to everyone who came and asked questions!
Below you can watch the video or listen to the audio recording as a podcast.
Listen on ITunes or Stitcher.
Click here to stream.
Right-click (control-click on the Mac) here and choose “save as” (“save link as” on Mac) to download.
Subscribe in your own reader using this RSS feed.
Want transcripts? Sign up for the CMJ Masterpass with this special link to get 10% off.
Show Notes for Episode 14
Here is what you will find in the episode (please note that the times are for the podcast; they will be similar but slightly different for the video because the video and podcasts have different introductions):
2:11 Is it the saturated fat that causes inflammation in animal models of obesity?
9:37 What do I think about Ray Peat’s and Andrew Kim’s views on sugar?
19:01 How essential are antioxidants in the diet? How much is too much?
29:38 What do I think about Brian Peskin’s work on “parent” essential oils?
31:16 What do I recommend as tests for folate status?
35:58 What would I recommend to recover from an accidental exposure to gluten?
44:33 What would I recommend telling a group of doctor’s interested in nutritional therapy about fats and cholesterol? (this includes a bit about choline)
54:49 How much protein should we eat to balance the priorities of muscle mass and longevity?
1:05:36 Is nutritional ketosis desirable for a healthy person, and is 100 grams of carbs per day enough?
1:19:51 What do I think about the potential for gluten withdrawal to help with neuromuscular issues and gross motor delays in children despite negative IgA tests?
1:24:22 Can someone’s triglyceride-to-HDL-cholesterol ratio be too low?
Links Related to Episode 14
- Good Lard, Bad Lard: What Do You Get When You Cross a Pig and a Coconut?
- This Just In: The Infamous Lard-Based High-Fat Rodent Diet Is Twice as High in PUFA as Previously Reported
- Stephan Guyenet
- How Essential Are the Essential Fatty Acids?
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston Price (free, but missing the additional chapters of the 1945 edition)
- Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Weston Price (not free, but complete)
- My Examine.Com Research Digest editorial: Sugar Is the Ultimate Antioxidant and Insulin Will Make You Younger — Appreciating a Few Poorly Recognized by Critical Contributions of Carbohydrate
- Redefining Oxidative Stress by Dean Jones
- The Radical-Free Biology of Oxidative Stress by Dean Jones
- Brian Peskin
- European Laboratory of Nutrients Health Diagnostics and Research Institute's Methylation Pathway Panel
- The Kresser Institute for Functional and Evolutionary Medicine clinician training program
- My choline posts
- My post on Meeting the Choline Requirement
- Steven Zeisel
- My article on endocannibinoids, The Pursuit of Happiness
- Peter Attia
- My posts on celiac and gluten sensitivity
- My post on the total-to-HDL-cholesterol ratio